Water filtration systems are an essential component of modern households as they help in removing harmful contaminants and impurities from the water we drink and use for cooking. They come in various types and sizes, ranging from small under-sink filters to large whole-house filtration systems. No matter what type of filtration system you have, it's important to maintain it to ensure that it continues to function properly and provides safe and clean water. In this blog, we'll take a look at the process of maintaining our proprietary Geaux Flow water filtration systems and some tips to make them more efficient.
- prefilter removes sediment before it gets to the primary cartridge
- second filter specifically targets sulfur and iron - rotten egg smell
- third filter removes dangerous contaminants, bad odor and bad taste
- single stage system has prefilter, dual stage has prefilter and second filter, triple stage has all three filters.
Step 1: Understanding Your Geaux Flow System
The first step in maintaining a water filtration system is to understand your system type and its components. Getting to know the parts will help you figure out which ones need to be cleaned or replaced, which will make maintenance easier. Geaux Flow offers single-stage, dual-stage, and triple-stage filtration systems to meet the specific needs of each customer. The single-stage system features only a prefilter that targets sediment, while the dual-stage system adds a secondary filter to target sulphur and iron. The triple-stage system targets dangerous contaminants, bad odors, and poor tastes, providing the most comprehensive filtration process by incorporating all three filters for the ultimate in water purity and quality.
Step 2: Regular Cleaning
Regular cleaning is an important aspect of maintaining water filtration systems. It helps get rid of debris, sediment, and other things that can get stuck in the filters and make them work less well. Here are some tips for cleaning your water filtration system:
Clean the pre-filter regularly: The prefilter should be cleaned approximately once a month, depending on the amount of usage. To clean it, simply remove the prefilter from the system and spray warm water directly onto the pleats, brush off any caked-on sediment, spray rinse, and allow to air dry. For added convenience, and to ensure that you always have access to clean, filtered water, it's a good idea to have a backup prefilter on hand. This way, you can swap the prefilter you are cleaning with the spare and continue to enjoy clean and fresh water while the first prefilter is being cleaned.
Step 3: Monitor the Performance of Your System
It's important to monitor the performance of your Geaux Flow system to make sure that it continues to function properly. Here are some signs that indicate that your filtration system needs maintenance:
- Decreased water pressure
- Poor-tasting water
- Increased frequency of cleaning
Step 4: Replace the Filters
Once you have determined that your filters need to be replaced, you should follow the manufacturer's instructions for replacing them. If you're not comfortable doing it yourself, you can call a professional to do it for you. Replacing the filters is important because they lose their efficiency over time and can no longer remove contaminants effectively.
With typical use:
- Pre-filters have a total lifespan of about 3 months
- Second and third-stage filters last for about 6-9 months
- Stage one: depends on sediment levels
- Stage two and three: about 9-12 months. *Note: If you are making insurance claims, the filter needs to be replaced within a year, or the claim will not be accepted.
Step 5: Keep the System Running Efficiently
Once you have completed the maintenance process, it's important to keep your water filtration system running efficiently. Here are some tips to help you do that:
- Use water efficiently: Reduce water use and replace your filters less often.
- Replace filters on time: This helps keep your system running efficiently and prevent contaminants from slipping through.
- Regularly check for leaks: This prevents damage and maintains efficiency.
- Regularly test the water quality: This insures your filtration system is working effectively.
In conclusion, maintaining your Geaux Flow system is important for ensuring that it continues to provide clean and safe water. You can keep your system running efficiently and effectively by following these steps and tips. With regular maintenance, you can rest assured that your water filtration system will continue to provide clean and safe water for you and your family.
Ready to enjoy the benefits of clean and healthy water? Browse our selection of top-quality water filtration systems and accessories on our website. Purchase your perfect system today and experience the difference. Don't wait – invest in your health and well-being now!